Ima Robot Forums

Weirdest Girl (Restored)

benb - 5-25-2016 at 05:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKZsmWvgKaA

Weirdest Girl (Restored)

Philosophofee - 6-15-2016 at 09:38 PM

I have so much love for this. Just before the old 4shared account (or just access to it in the US, I guess?) went down, I couldn't find this track in particular when I was sure it was up before. Now we have the original AND one that fixes the mixing issues I had with it back in ye olden days. Keep up the excellent work, guys. So excited to see the dot net making a return. <3

Weirdest Girl (Restored)

nerddog - 6-16-2016 at 11:42 AM

i hope that i made it a little more enjoyable. it was a very ruff recording to work with

Weirdest Girl (Restored)

Philosophofee - 6-16-2016 at 01:04 PM

You did an excellent job. Alex's early work will always be some of my favorite, lyrically speaking. It definitely deserves the proper audio treatment you give it.

Re: Weirdest Girl (Restored)

imarob2 - 5-16-2017 at 04:52 PM

Many thanks to you guys for giving these tracks some needed attention!

Back story to these two recordings. They were indeed on a cassette that was a 'mix of old songs, mostly IMA' from that era, although nothing else rare, apparently. The tape was nearly lost forever, then found, somehow transferred digitally then I got copies of them. I don't know anything else, the songs were sent to me from girl I met on myspace. She said her mom was friends with Alex back in the old days. Also, if it's not mentioned elsewhere, Alex once said that there exists a piano version of Weirdest Girl, so maybe that may pop up on a crappy cassette one day?