Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Future of this site
benb
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 07:15 PM
Future of this site

though I just started this site today, if enough people are interested i'm going to take this a little further. 13 members in one day! 75% of which are just friends but still, that's pretty good.

i'm probably going to move this site to the domain displayed in the header, ima-robot.net.

if this site doesn't do well and people stop using it within like a week, i'll leave the site on this domain and update it occasionally.

if the site gets overrun by spambots and is also inactive, i'll shut it down entirely.

i'm using free hosting, which leads to a lot of 502 errors.

i've had the idea to host from home, but i live in a really rural area in rehoboth massachusetts where the internet isn't amazing to begin with. it'd probably be even worse

i'm doing this with zero budget, only buying domain names.

so yeah. i want to see this site flourish, i wanna see more fans enjoy the site. hopefully more fans from back in the day will come online.
as for now enjoy what's here

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User Twitter YouTube
ducky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 07:33 PM
Future of this site

it'll be hard to raise up a community, but if we can do anything is bring back the content from imarobot.net. lots of bits and pieces are archived on wayback machine, but most of it's lost. bringing that stuff back permanently would put my mind at ease at least

getting all the songs gathered, uploaded to youtube or otherwise collected. writing up the lyrics for all the songs. lots of things that would be really helpful.

benb
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 07:39 PM
Future of this site

as of right now the way the boards are set up isn't exactly how i'd like, though i want it to differ slightly from the original imarobot.net.

I want this to be kinda like an archive, a place where any new/old fans can find the best possible quality resources from the band in one convenient place. everyone i tell about the band is like "where can i find their music?" and i want to be able to direct those people here.

rather than posting new content from the band (considering they don't) like the old site did, i want this to be a project. i want to uncover everything these guys did and document it. just a big archive

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User Twitter YouTube
benb
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-5-2016 at 07:49 PM
Future of this site

the old layout was kind of meh, i really want to innovate it a bit so it works in favor of the new idea

howesoteric
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 03:19 AM
Re: Future of this site

Hey! I just found this site today. I never knew ima robot had any sort of online community. I guess I never looked? I only found this through youtube because my old ipod broke down and I lost most of my music (had like 70 gbs on it). I've been a fan of the band for an insanely long time though. I've already found songs that I'd never heard before which is great. So what is this forum then? Like what do you guys do here?

ducky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-24-2016 at 06:28 AM

Quote:
[quote author=howesoteric link=topic=18.msg378#msg378 date=1469359178]
Hey! I just found this site today. I never knew ima robot had any sort of online community. I guess I never looked? I only found this through youtube because my old ipod broke down and I lost most of my music (had like 70 gbs on it). I've been a fan of the band for an insanely long time though. I've already found songs that I'd never heard before which is great. So what is this forum then? Like what do you guys do here?

As you can see it's sort of died down a bit(even though there's still plenty to work on). We'll get active again at some point! Originally we started with two goals; to restore the original Ima Robot forum, and to find every lost track. With a bunch of luck and persistence we've found almost everything. Our current collection is here http://ima-robot.net/forum/index.php?topic=178.0
Now we're working on getting everything on to youtube so all these tracks are easily accessible to anybody. We also have a lyrics section we've put hours of work into.

Our main purpose now is to supply all robot fans with the resources we didn't have when we wanted them.
It'd be a dream of ours basically to reconnect the Ima Robot community. It's a big dream, the main issue being the lack of people who care.

Axiom Earth
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-4-2016 at 11:04 PM

i honestly thought ima robot was a dead band and no one knew about them it makes me happy others know of them.
I found them i think it was about 3 years ago i was listening to stuff from their self-titled "ima robot" album, "monument" , and Their Alive Ep. It was 1 year later when i found a song from search and destroy and realized i was missing a whole album of songs. and another year later i discover the band actually has a following it's amazing!

imarob2
Super Moderator

Mood: hot to trot

[*] posted on 11-28-2016 at 04:47 PM

I'm glad you guys have taken the initiative to set this site up! I was on the old one for a long time and we had a lot of fun back then. I'll be happy to help out in any way that I can.

imaelmo
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 11:11 AM

Super pumped that this is back up and running!!! I miss the old days of ima robot a lot. I was imaelmo on the old site. Cool to see lots of the og .netters back on this site. Hopefully we can have ima get back together for something to listen to. :)

Go To Top