Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Lucky 13's
RazinRakun
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-10-2016 at 09:03 AM
The Lucky 13's

I don't think I've EVER heard of anything from this band (aside from wikipedia stating the obvious). All I can deter is that Alex Ebert was part of this band prior to Ima Robot. No music or songs exist that I can tell, so it leads me to believe it could have just been a small garage band. But still, its uncertain if Alex was even the lead singer. For now this band is a mystery that I would like to find out about.

benb
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-10-2016 at 12:06 PM
The Lucky 13's

yeah this came to mind for me too! this must have been kinda like a highschool side project. i wonder if he wrote songs for it, and if so what were they? and maybe if they made their way into a bot song? who knows

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User Twitter YouTube
ducky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-10-2016 at 03:53 PM
The Lucky 13's

Is there even a source to alex ever saying anything about this band?

RazinRakun
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-12-2016 at 12:54 PM
The Lucky 13's

Not that I know of, but he does mention his past experiences as 'darker times' in interviews with Edward Sharpe. The farthest he goes into the past is mentioning Ima Robot and how he wanted to originally become a rapper, which he just talks about very briefly for the most part. If there is any more info, posting it here would be phenomenal.

Here's a link to an interview where he delves back to Ima Robot, but doesn't even mention Lucky 13s. One of many.
http://www.avclub.com/article/edward-sharpe-and-the-magnetic...

Go To Top