Ima Robot Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Weirdest Girl (Restored)
benb
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 05:00 PM
Weirdest Girl (Restored)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKZsmWvgKaA

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User Twitter YouTube
Philosophofee
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-15-2016 at 09:38 PM
Weirdest Girl (Restored)

I have so much love for this. Just before the old 4shared account (or just access to it in the US, I guess?) went down, I couldn't find this track in particular when I was sure it was up before. Now we have the original AND one that fixes the mixing issues I had with it back in ye olden days. Keep up the excellent work, guys. So excited to see the dot net making a return. <3

nerddog
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-16-2016 at 11:42 AM
Weirdest Girl (Restored)

i hope that i made it a little more enjoyable. it was a very ruff recording to work with

Philosophofee
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-16-2016 at 01:04 PM
Weirdest Girl (Restored)

You did an excellent job. Alex's early work will always be some of my favorite, lyrically speaking. It definitely deserves the proper audio treatment you give it.

imarob2
Super Moderator

Mood: hot to trot

[*] posted on 5-16-2017 at 04:52 PM
Re: Weirdest Girl (Restored)

Many thanks to you guys for giving these tracks some needed attention!

Back story to these two recordings. They were indeed on a cassette that was a 'mix of old songs, mostly IMA' from that era, although nothing else rare, apparently. The tape was nearly lost forever, then found, somehow transferred digitally then I got copies of them. I don't know anything else, the songs were sent to me from girl I met on myspace. She said her mom was friends with Alex back in the old days. Also, if it's not mentioned elsewhere, Alex once said that there exists a piano version of Weirdest Girl, so maybe that may pop up on a crappy cassette one day?

Go To Top